Rivera Place provides a wide range of services to maximise choice and independence for residents, based on their preferences and abilities.
• Dining and lounge rooms on each level
• A choice of fresh meals cooked daily by an experienced chef
• Involvement and input in meal menus, activity curriculum, etc.
• 5-star chef services andMaggie Beer Foundation-inspired food choices
• Weekly outings with two leisure staff rostered per day with specific behaviour
management training and to assist with one-to-one palliative care
• Dementia specific designed leisure program
• Sensory program for residents who suffer from dementia
• Physical activity classes
• Qualified physiotherapists provide specialised group educational classes on topics such as how to use the internet
• Close to parks, cafes, The Richmond Club and other community facilities
• Richmond Club social activity schedule
• Men’s Shed – Male residents can partake in small wood work activities under the instruction of a volunteer
• Memberships of various local sporting organisations
• Lifestyle menu of additional services available for a fee
• Residents can access a Hawkesbury Living bus and car to make appointments and actively participate in the community
• Internet café – to bring the residents together and allow new experiences
• Access to radio, telephone, internet, iPads and Foxtel channels
• Indoor/outdoor family entertainment areas
Indoor and outdoor function facilities
• Party and specialty nights
• Outdoor amphitheatre
• In house hairdressing
• In house laundry
• Designated smoking areas are available for residents
A cohort of General Practitioners from the Hawkesbury region work alongside our staff, providing access to medical specialists within the local community.
A physiotherapist is on hand to provide an assessment on admission and weekly review. We have exercise therapy nurses available 7 days a week to implement physiotherapy programs and a large pool of walking and mobility aids available.
Rivera Place provides a specialised foot and nail care professional and registered podiatrist on a regular visitation basis. Modern equipment including a Podiatry Chair and adherence to infection control measures are utilised.
We have a visiting speech pathologist who provides specialised feeding regimes and trained staff. We also have access to use of industry recommended dietary supplements and thickened fluids.
An Aged Care Specialist Dietician is also on hand to perform regular reviews of nutritional programs and Resident Progress reports. They provide a nutritionally balanced menu and individual plans and dietary choices encompassing cultural and medical requirements. All food is prepared on the premises and served fresh daily.
Never losing sight of the importance of self confidence, we have a fully qualified, on-site Hair Care & Beautician. The ladies are friendly and will visit the resident’s room or alternatively the resident can visit the in-house salon.